Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Semester...

·         No one spotted my truth! I was born in Ventura, CA not Mexico. I hate seafood. I love old music. I only have one sister. I have never visited England but would love to. My truth is that I have a friend who is from Turkey! She was born there and still lives in Turkey.
            My semester right now is pretty hectic. There are moments when I have a lot of assignments to complete and other moments I have very little amounts. At this point in the semester I feel bored sometimes and feel like not doing any work. I think the reason for that is because there is only a month and a half left in the semester. I feel like just taking a break from school on the days when I have a big load of assignments to do. Sometimes the amount of assignments can be a bit overwhelming. When I take small breaks it eases the pressure off of me.
This semester I like many aspects concerning school. I like my class schedule this semester. I like that I go in at a good time and get out early from almost all my class. I enjoy learning in my classes because they are subjects that interest me. I like that my classes this semester are diverse. This semester the thing that is bugging me is the amount of homework I am receiving from all my classes. The types of assignments this semester are very time consuming. This semester I have classes that are completely full with a large number of students.
Some of the challenges this semester for me are the same as my last semester. When I get bored or lazy I tend to skip some homework assignments. One I start doing that then I just feel like not doing them anymore so then my grade in the class goes down. It’s a real challenge because sometimes I feel like I am not going to pass the class if I keep missing assignments. I think the ultimate pay-off for going through all of this is that I have a better education which will help me achieve my dream of getting a good job after I finish all my school work. I stay motivated by picturing the end reward after doing all my hard work. What keeps me going is knowing that a great education is the key to achieving my goal of getting a good job.

4 comments:

  1. The end reward is the best motivation to stay on top of your work. Sometimes it is overwhleming I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Education is a good way to get a great career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to look forward to your goal. Try not to look at the journey as just a means to the end. It can be it's own reward. Seeing as how it will end up taking up a large portion of your youth, you don't want it to be forgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog props: I really enjoyed your blogs this semester and everything you wrote was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete